Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Savannah's New Ride

Every time we went to Toys R Us, Savannah would sit in the Cadillac Escalade by Power Wheels. She would look at the price tag and say it was too expensive, but she just wanted to sit in it. Well, Brandi, Savannah and I were there a few weeks ago and she did the same thing. I thought about my Tax Rebate check, and decided that rather than paying off some bills (let's face it, I will owe someone money for the rest of my life and she will only be a kid once) I would get her the car for her Kindergarten Graduation. She couldn't believe it when I told her. I was shocked when Brandi didn't object. She said that I would do whatever I wanted anyway, so why object. So when the check came in, we went to get the car. We took both our cars because I figured we would need as much room as we could get. I put the seat down in my backseat and we stuffed the car (out of the box) into the trunk. We had to tie down the trunk lid and drive home like that. So take a moment now to picture that caravan driving home.
A Monte Carlo with a pink Escalade sticking out of the trunk being closely followed by a Sunfire. Can you say hillbilly? It's amazing how stupid we will make ourselves look for our kids. Needless to say she LOVES the car and drives it all the time. All in all, it was money well spent.
I told her since she got the car before her graduation, she better actually graduate. She looked at me like I was crazy and said she learned everything from Kindergarten. Why wouldn't she graduate? Funny, funny, kid!

1 comment:

Sarah V said...

You just look like such a natural driving that pink escalade! Ask Jen for one for your high school graduation, too!

High School Musical

Create Fake Magazine Covers with your own picture at MagMyPic.com